Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Prayer for Loneliness

Loving Christ,
You set an example for me while You were on earth of seeking out solitude as a way of refreshing Your soul and gaining strength. Help me to understand the gift of solitude and to incorporate it meaningfully into my life. Help me to experience the presence of God in such a way that I know I am not alone. Give me wisdom for things and activities I do that increase my feelings of loneliness. If I need to cut back on making comparisons and setting unreal expectations through engaging in social media, give me the self-discipline to do that. 
Help me to view myself the way You view me. Help me to gain a greater value for who I am and my connection to You. When I do, I will put less pressure on others to meet the needs You and I are designed to meet in me. 
I also ask for increased intimacy and relational authenticity with friends and family. May I know what it is like to be a friend, and to have one. To give love, and to receive it—unconditionally. To care, and to be cared for. To share, and to listen. Lord, You have built us for community, but we have disregarded that community in so many ways. Guide me into relationships that will help form authentic community around me, where I can connect genuinely. In Christ’s name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment